Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Climb every mountain….


Well, let's just stick with Mt. Everest for right now…

I read that roughly 600 people climbed to the peak of Mt. Everest last year.

Yowie.

Scaling Mt. Everest is not on my bucket list.

It's dangerous. Almost 235 climbers have died on Everest since 1922, and somewhat fewer than 200 bodies are still on the mountain. Yowie.

Since Sir Edmund Hillary and others climbed it first in 1953, more than 3,750 people have made it to the top.

Not only is it dangerous, it's expensive. For instance, RMI Expeditions will supply the guides and equipment you need for about $59,000. You supply the guts, and you also have to bring your own teddy bear for comfort when you're sleeping in your hammock, pinned to the side of the mountain at 18,000 feet…..

See, that's one of the parts I just don't get….you wanna tie me in a nylon hammock and stake me to the side of Mt. Everest for the whole night, first you gotta promise me front row seats at an Eric Clapton concert and also come up with about a mile-and-a-half of better reasons than I already thought of…..


No comments:

Post a Comment