Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Hooray for President Obama's inaugural speech!


I liked it. I watched all of it, it's only 19 minutes. You can click here to watch it.

Here's my take on what President Obama said: let's be a country of people who work hard to succeed, work hard to cooperate with each other for the success of all of us, work hard to succor the truly needy, and work hard to do what's right for the common good and for future generations.

I think that's a wonderful TO DO list, and we sure have a lot of work to do. Of course the president explicitly outlined a generally liberal progressive political view—gee whiz, he got a mandate and all last November, I expected him to do nothing less.

I'm puzzled by the breathlessly critical political celebrities and the chattering personalities on cable news shows and the carping folks in the blogosphere who are claiming that President Obama didn't say anything memorable, no zinger of a one-liner, nothing on the order of "Ask not what your country…"

I guess I'll just have to live with my inability to crave a buzzword approach to political leadership.

No comments:

Post a Comment