Sunday, January 20, 2013

The wisdom of Etta James


"…It must be love!"
Jamesetta Hawkins "Etta James" (1938-2012)
Oh yeah, she sang the blues


She changed her name to Etta James and made history, too bad I never had a chance to hear her sing in person.

It's real hard to not like anything she liked to sing, Etta put all of her mojo into every song, Etta makes your feet dance, Etta rings  your bell, she makes you hurt so good…..if you ever think you've found a bad Etta James cut, please let me know, I'll be glad to take it off your hands…

Anyway, I offer here "Somethin's Got A Hold On Me," here's the lyric from this piece with Etta's stamp all over it:

"Oh, sometimes I get a good feelin', yeah
I get a feelin' that I never never never never had before, no, no
I jus' wanna tell you right now, that I believe,
I really do believe that somethin's got a hold on me, yeah..
Oh! It must be love!
Oh! Somethin's got a hold on me right now, child
Oh! It must be love! lemme tell you now,
I got a feeling, I feel so strange,
Everything about me seems to have changed,
If I skip, I got a brand new walk,
I even sound sweeter when I talk,
I said, Oh!
Oh! Oh! Oh!
Hey, yeah, Oh! It must be love!"

Yeah, I think I heard your foot tapping…..

No comments:

Post a Comment